Every year I organise a local league training camp. In this training camp you will learn how to improve your footwork, rallying skills, ball placement, loops, flicks, serve, receive, defensive skills, match tactics and much more!
It’s aimed specifically at local league table tennis players. And I will focus on the skills, technique and tactics needed to win extra points when paying local league matches.
It is a smaller, more intimate training camp (maximum of 12 players per day). I want to get to know each player’s game and give player-specific feedback to help you improve and win those extra points.
The training camp is suitable for players who are already playing local league table tennis (intermediate to advanced standard).
What will you learn?
Here’s an overview of the topics we will cover:
- Footwork … Learn how to move quicker side to side and in and out. Lots of footwork drills. Be prepared to work your legs hard!
- Rallying skills … Learn how to switch efficiently between backhand and forehand strokes and play that one extra shot to outplay your opponent.
- Ball placement … Learn how to improve the placement of your shots to put your opponents under more pressure.
- Defensive skills … Learn how to use pushes, blocks, chops and lobs more effectively to make your opponent miss or play weak shots.
- Service strategy … Learn how to make your existing serves even stronger with more spin, better placement and clever variations.
- Returning serves … Learn how to return serves the easy way and apply pressure on your opponent straight away.
- Topspin vs backspin … Learn how to attack pushes and chops with fast, spinny and consistent topspin shots.
- Flicking … Learn how to attack short serves with backhand and forehand flicks. No pushing allowed!
- Match tactics … Learn how to assess strengths and weaknesses and use tactical thinking to outwit your opponents.
- 3rd ball attacks … Learn how to follow up your serve with a strong 3rd ball attack.
How to book
Due to the ongoing uncertainty of coronavirus restrictions, it is unlikely I will run this training camp in 2021. But I very much hope that I will be able to run this training camp in 2022. If you would like to be notified when bookings are open, please complete this expression of interest form.