Discuss

Do you need help with your table tennis game? Post a topic and get advice from Tom Lodziak and other forum members.

Notifications
Clear all

Equipment recommendations

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

You are welcome to ask for equipment recommendations. I will advise you on JOOLA equipment, as that is who I am sponsored by and have the most knowledge about. Other players may be able to advise you about other brands.

Vim Fuego
(@vim-fuego)

What are the different qualities of the different Joola long pimple rubbers? Which is best for: 1) A close to table push-blocker, 2) A Matthew Syed type far fro table chopper, 3) someone who wants to use the long pimples to play agressively with flat hits and flicks?

ReplyQuote
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

JOOLA probably isn't the best option for long pimples. They do have the CWX rubber, which is great for chopping at mid/long distance. But JOOLA mostly focuses on inverted rubbers. 

ReplyQuote
Loixm68
(@loixm68)

Posted by: @tom-lodziak

You are welcome to ask for equipment recommendations. I will advise you on JOOLA equipment, as that is who I am sponsored by and have the most knowledge about. Other players may be able to advise you about other brands.

Maybe could you write a short breakdown of Joola rubber line-up, from what you would have tested?

I find it more and more complicated to understand the differences between the "families" in each brand...

ReplyQuote
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@loixm68 Here's a comparison article I wrote earlier in the year, which rates the latest JOOLA rubbers on speed and spin and also gives recommendations based on playing style. This is a good starting point...

https://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/joola-dynaryz-rhyzen-and-rhyzer-rubber-comparison-guide/

chung.lao reacted
ReplyQuote
jilano
(@jilano)

At first, you need to know about the equipment's pros and cons. Then you have to decide which one is perfect for you according to your playing style favorite shots ETC. As a player, I am at the intermediate level. During the past year, I played with Primorac and Tenergy 80 on both sides, followed by YEO and Rakza 7. Lastly, I purchased Rossi emotion with Maxxx-P on both sides. Primorac/Tenergy setup was too uncontrollable. Any push/defensive game ends in high balls or outside the table. The YEO with Rakza 7/1.7 is a very durable bat. Finally, I tried Rossi Emotion with Maxxx-P. It was an incredible combination. Blocks ending on the table can lift underspin balls with ease. Really comfortable to play. I want to recommend the Joola Rossi obviously. You can go here for more details about any others types of equipment.

Best wishes.

ReplyQuote

Share: