Discuss

Do you need help with your table tennis game? Post a topic and get advice from Tom Lodziak and other forum members.

Notifications
Clear all

Keeping cool

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Tim2022
(@tim2022)
Topic starter  

I tend to get hot in a long hard game and sweat a lot. I find this can harm my concentration. Any tips for keeping cool?

chung.lao
(@chung-lao)

Posted by: @tim2022

I tend to get hot in a long hard game and sweat a lot. I find this can harm my concentration. Any tips for keeping cool?

A big towel, sweatband and wristband. Also don't drink too much water from a few hours before games (but stay hydrated).

ReplyQuote
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin

As Chung says, you could try using a sweatband and/or a wrist band to keep the sweat off your face. A towel is also useful. You're allowed to use your towel every six points to wipe away any excess sweat. 

You could take extra t-shirts with you, so you can change tops when you get too sweaty.

But my best tip is to invest in an insulated water bottle. Fill it with water and ice cubes. It will stay cold for ages. Then make sure you are drinking plenty between games. The cold water will help cool your body a little bit.

You will still get hot and be sweaty, but by using all of the above, hopefully it won't be too distracting. 

ReplyQuote
Share: