Discuss

Do you need help with your table tennis game? Post a topic and get advice from Tom Lodziak and other forum members.

Notifications
Clear all

Tactics to play a Para players ..

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topex1
(@topex1)
Topic starter  

What are the tactics and serves to play a good Para player who is in a lower class, both hand are good. One of his leg not good. He cannot move too well around the table but he support himself with a crutches to move around the table back and fort.                                              

All my tactics use to play him are not working- I make sure I play to his crutches, I return balls back, short and close to the net, Attack him sideways to both side of the table etc. He beat me 2-4. Help me out here .. next match with him will be next week. I need to beat him 4-0 next week 

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Tom Lodziak

Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin

Interesting challenge. Before I can help, you'll need to give me more information about this opponent. What is his playing style? How does he win points? What serves does he use? What worked for you when you last played? How did you win points? What is your playing style?

ReplyQuote
Topex1
(@topex1)
Topic starter  

--- His playing style is - A lefty player, very good at FH, little bit weak at BH due to his right leg but support it with a crutches. He use inverted rubbers at both BH and FH.

-- How does he win points? -- He win points by serving half or short FH backspin serves to the middle or to my BH. If the serves is returned back to either middle or his FH, he attack with either strong placement shots or a heavy drive. just like 3rd ball attack

--- What serves does he use ? -- He use half or short FH backspin serves to the middle or BH of the table.  Half or short FH no spin serves to the middle or BH of the table.

--- What worked for me when i last played him ? --- I am a lefy player too. I do play always to his BH, either when am serving the ball, chopping or attacking.

--- How did i win points ?  -- I win points, as a lefty player too before i serve i stand to my left side of the table to serve instead of standing by the middle or my right side of the table, I serve a corner short sidespin serves directly to his BH, a fast long sidespin serves directly to his coner BH or his elbow, If i do go to anywhere at his FH he kill the ball and get a point. Except twice i manage to do a cross table FH drive to his FH to win a point.

---  What is my playing style ? -- I am a lefy player too, I use short pimps not OX at my BH, Friendship max FX rubber at my FH. Strong at BH and not too good at FH. Always love to serve with my BH either a short BH sidespin serves close to the net or anywhere to the opponet table. Always love to serve with my BH either a short BH no spin serves close to the net or anywhere to the opponet table.
Always love to serve with my BH a fast long BH sidespin serves to both coner edge of my opponet table. To determine my serves it depends on my opponet stands on the table.

Cheers!!!

This post was modified 1 month ago by Topex1

ReplyQuote
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin

@topex1 Thanks for the detailed extra information.

It sounds like you have developed a game plan for this player. You say you play most of the time to his backhand, as it is not as strong as his forehand. In general this is a sensible approach, however if you overplay this, your opponent may get comfortable as he can easily anticipate what you do.

You may need to vary your placement more. It is OK to play to his forehand, but if you do so, try playing to his wide forehand and then switch back to his backhand. You may find his backhand is much weaker. When you do play to his backhand, can you try and get the ball wider?

When returning serves, you could either (a) push the ball back with more backspin, making it harder for him to attack, or (b) flick to his crossover or wide backhand, again putting him under pressure. 

For your serve, it sounds like you have lots of variations you use. Try to use those variations which cause your opponent problems more frequently. If your serves get returned weakly, try to make a strong 3rd ball attack. Make your opponent a little fearful of your serve / 3rd ball routines.

Please let me know how you get on in the re-match!

ReplyQuote
Share: