Discuss

Do you need help with your table tennis game? Post a topic and get advice from Tom Lodziak and other forum members.

Notifications
Clear all

What rubbers / blade are your currently playing with?

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

In this thread, please let everyone know what rubbers and blade you currently use. How long have you been using your set up? What do you like about it?

I am currently using JOOLA Dynaryz AGR on both my forehand and backhand, with a JOOLA Fever blade. JOOLA don't make this blade anymore, which is real shame, as it's a very balanced blade - good control, but plenty of speed too. I really like the Dynaryz AGR rubbers. They are great for topspin-drives, counter-topspin, and aggressive blocks. The throw is low-ish, but I find fairly easy to loop backspin balls.

What is everyone else using?

Vim Fuego
(@vim-fuego)

Joola Chen Defender

FH: Joola Energy Etra 2.0mm (black)

BH: Sauer & Troger Hellfire (red)

ReplyQuote
Freax
(@freax)

Blade: Stiga JMS Control

FH: Stiga Mantra H 2.1mm (black)

BH: Stiga Mantra M 2.1mm (red)

Thinking of using Tenergy rubbers - I'd love to try Ten05 Hard (max sponge thiccness, black) on my FH and Ten64 (max sponge, red) on my BH

ReplyQuote
BonaBluesMan
(@bonabluesman)

Blade: Victas Han Ying 

Forhand: DHS HURRICANE NEO 3, black

Backhand: Tibhar Grass dTecs OX, green

ReplyQuote
aka mikee
(@aka-mikee)

BH shriver 1.5 forehand MX-P 2.0 Sanwei Pro V5 blade

ReplyQuote
Omega
(@omega)

I am currently using Black ZGR Max on the Forehand, and Red ACC Max on the Backhand. When returning short serves with backhand, I find that I have to use very soft hand for touch shot and to keep the ball low, otherwise goes a bit high.  Also, my short pushes a bit higher and longer than desired. Would AGR help?  However, I don't want to lose the ability to flick as well as great bh topspin, and backspin I am getting with ACC.

ReplyQuote

Omega
(@omega)

Tom, given you gave ZGR such a great review ( " my new forehand rubber " ), interested to know what made you now go for AGR.

ReplyQuote
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@omega Yes, I did like playing with ZGR. It was so nice for counter topspin, especially when the rubber is new. I decided to switch to AGR, as it is also great for counter-topspin, but I find it easier to attack backspin balls. And when playing aggressive topspin attacks, the throw is a little lower, so my shots tend to go on more often. Both are very good rubbers, but I just about prefer AGR now and I find it is a little more durable too.

ReplyQuote
Tom Lodziak
(@tom-lodziak)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@omega I find it easier to keep pushes low with AGR, especially 2.0 thickness. I can still flick and loop fine, but I have to do the shots properly. With ACC I find my pushes pop up a little more, but it is easier to attack a backspin ball even when I don't do the shot quite right. So there is a trade-off. if you feel you have good technique with your BH flick and BH topspin, the AGR will be a good choice for you and you may find it easier to keep pushes tight.

ReplyQuote
sangarudin
(@sangarudin)

Blade: butterfly viscaria

FH: (black) xiom vega x

BH: (red) xiom vega pro

Have been using this setup for over 6 months. Very satisfied with my current setup, lots of control. However i'm thinking to use vega x on my backhand and vega pro on forehand, because I think vega x is better for loop-driving, while i feel more comfortable with thinner loop technique provided by vega pro. Loop driving should fit better on my BH too, as I want my backhand to be more "punch-y". What do you think guys?

ReplyQuote
IB66
 IB66
(@ib66)
Eminent Member

Blade -  SDC , rubbers - FH Rakza Z EH , BH Rakza Z

ReplyQuote
Loixm68
(@loixm68)

Blade: Tibhar J7

FH: Hurricane 3
BH: D05